In recent years, the consumption of plant-based protein powder is gaining heavy traction in the fitness community, and it is becoming the main subject of various clinical tests to prove the benefits of taking vegan protein over the standard whey protein.
While there is an ongoing debate over this subject, some question prevails when reviewing information:
Is vegan protein powder better than whey protein sources? And is it really good for your body?
Read more as we are going to tackle the key features of using plant-based protein as a daily supplement for your nutritional needs.
What Exactly Is Vegan Protein Powder?
Basically, vegan protein is a dietary protein source that consists of plant-based sources minus the protein source that we usually get from animal-based products.
And a typical plant-based protein powder may contain any of these following ingredients:
- Sunflower seed
- Pumpkin seed
- Pea protein
- Sacha inchi
- Hemp protein
- Silk protein
- Yellow pea protein
- Brown rice protein
The Reason Why Most People Prefer Vegan Protein Over Whey Protein
Whey protein is widely used to build lean muscle and to help recover after working out. Yet, the use of this protein source is also known to be rough on our digestive system and it can even cause nausea, acne, and other adverse side effects.
Vegan protein options provide a better alternative since they are much easy on the stomach and improve cardiovascular health. And it can also speed up the fat burning process when combined with fiber-enriched supplements.
Advantages Of Taking Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Allergy-Safe – It is a safe choice for people with gluten sensitivity and other types of major allergy concerns. And this is something that you don’t usually get when taking whey protein as it can cause bloating, gas, and stomach problems for people who are lactose intolerant.
- Packed With Fiber – Plant-based products usually contain soluble & insoluble fiber, which is good for the body since the insoluble helps in the digestive process and the soluble fiber makes us feel full after eating.
- Cardiovascular Health – Protein powders from plants are lower in saturated fats, cholesterol, and plant sterols that are good for the heart and overall well-being.
- Boosts Metabolism – The combination of fiber and protein allows the body to intensify the metabolic process. And as a result, more fats are burned off from your body.
- Complete Source Of Protein – And lastly, vegan protein powder contains soy, golden peas, and edamame beans which are known to be complete sources of protein. And if you want to get the most of the benefits of plant-based protein, you can also combine it with other vegan foods so your body can get all the amino acids needed to keep you healthy.
If you’re looking for a place to buy high-quality plant based supplements, you can visit Garden of Life’s website and check out their amazing products. Just click on the link to visit their shop.