The busy life of today can really make feel exhausted at times and even then, things are left to be finished. Work seems like a never-ending task and you wish only if you had more energy to fulfill more in life. You may already know that food is the primary source of human energy but the less known fact is that there are some food items that contain ingredients to push you throughout the day by keeping your energy levels high. Here is a list of foods that can give you a great organic energy boost that never fails:
- Banana: This food is a great source of carbohydrates and a proven performance booster for athletes.
- Almonds: Almonds can help you keep alert as it has essential fatty acids, vitamins, protein, and calcium.
- Apples: Apples contain natural sugar and are high on anti-oxidants both help us improve digestion and release energy at a steady pace.
- Oranges: Antioxidants can induce stress causing fatigue and the antioxidant compounds present in oranges can help reduce it.
- Strawberries: Carbohydrates, sugar, and fiber present in strawberries can greatly enhance your energy and antioxidants would further help you fight fatigue.
- Quinoa: Replace the wheat contained in your pasta or bread with quinoa and it would help you maintain your blood pressure and keep your bowels healthy.
- Pumpkin Seeds: If you need a sudden jolt of energy, keep roasted pumpkin seeds on your side as they are great sources of protein, fiber, and fatty acids.
- Egg: Egg, one of greatest sources of protein is also naturally high in the content of Vitamin B and D. This makes it a superfood that can help convert your nutrients into energy as well as keep your bones healthy and strong.
- Fatty Fish: Fatty fishes such as Tuna and Salmon are very good sources of protein, Vitamin B12 and carry Omega-3 fatty acids. This can help you reduce your fatigue while Vitamin B12 would boost your red blood cells count.
- Avocados: Avocadoes contain both monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids that absorb nutrients and keep your body fat levels in control. Fibers in avocado keep your energy levels consistent.
- Sweet Potatoes: For an extra dose of energy, try eating sweet potatoes that have nutrients like fiber and Manganese besides carbohydrates. While fiber aids digestion to enhance your body’s capability to keep a consistent flow of energy, manganese helps in breaking down the consumed nutrients for producing more energy.
As you have expected, eating fruits and vegetables is still your best option if you want to have that extra energy to power up your day. But if you want to have some energy-boosting snacks on the go, you can try munching on these organic protein and energy bars from Bestproteinbars.com.